Demonstration and Lab for Foods I. It’s a crowd-pleaser!
Notes: It calls for cooked rice- we used a mix of white and brown long grain, but any cooked rice will work. You can also add any frozen or fresh veggies you might have on hand.
2-3 slices bacon
1 tbsp. sesame oil
¼ cup onion (green or yellow)
¼ cup pepper (green or red)
1 celery stalk
¾ cup frozen peas
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
3 cups cold, cooked rice
¼ cup soy sauce
Dash salt and pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1. In electric skilled or fry pan over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble and set aside. Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
2. To bacon drippings add sesame oil. Then cook onion, pepper, carrots, and celery. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
3. Add peas and parsley. Cook 1-2 minutes until peas are thawed.
4. Stir in the rice and soy sauce until heated through.
5. Make a well in the center of the rice mixture. Pour beaten eggs into well. As eggs begin to set, stir lightly with a fork so uncooked egg flow to bottom. Cook until set-gently stir to mix all ingredients in skillet. Stir in reserved bacon.